1. I installed xubuntu on the 10gb partition of ssd (expresscache). I use windows as well, mostly because of the lack of three finger support and suspend, as of now. I haven’t felt any performance decrease (windows) by the absence of expresscache.
I also use windows bootloader with a bit of help from http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/05/17…and-windows-7/ because of the grub issue.
I keep home and var on a hdd partition and tmp on ram. See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show….php?t=1627197
2. The overheating and battery issue exists originally because of bad default kernel options.
Heating can be fixed by enabling active state power management and battery issue can be solved by the specific i915 options from http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag…15_power&num=1
In short, what @sacapeao did –
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”pcie_aspm=force i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 i915.i915_enable_fbc=1 i915.lvds_downclock=1″
Also installing jupiter helped. http://www.webupd8.org/2012/03/jupit…itches-to.html
3. The suspend doesn’t work by default. It works perfectly fine by following the step 2 of http://thecodecentral.com/2011/01/18…ot-working-bug
4. The touchpad doesn’t have three finger option. touchegg doesn’t work (segfault). It seems to be a known bug and I hope it gets rectified soon.
5. While partitioning, I had to shift my recovery partition and in the process I have lost the use of my F4 recovery key. I intend to reclaim it and am in the process of finding a solution.
Any help with the touchpad or recovery is welcome!